A recent report claimed that medicinal marijuana users were being forced to go back to buying their medication from dealers because the cannabis pharmacies were too expensive.
Whilst I believe that this may be true in some circumstances, I find it hard to believe that this is about to start cannabis price wars. And it’s not hard to see why…
- There will always be customers that want to find a cheaper deal; that is just commerce in general and cannabis is no exception. But there are more reasons as to why the masses will not go to dealers for their medication in my opinion.
- Cannabis users that truly rely on quality bud as a form of medication want to know what they are getting. We all know the huge difference in CBD and THC. And users that are cautious will opt for pharmacies.
- Personal safety is an important element of buying cannabis from licenced pharmacies. The comfort of being able to just walk in and buy easily will keep playing an important role in medicinal cannabis users.
- Choice of medicinal cannabis available legally will surpass any unregistered dealers stock.
- Not everybody that smokes or uses cannabis medicinally will want to or like going to a dealer. And not everyone will even know a dealer who they can trust and use.
- Things will keep getting better for medicinal marijuana users. This is only the beginning remember. I believe prices will come down and that there will also be loyalty schemes and the like bought into practice in due course. Even now some pharmacies are offering discounts.
You will never stop the black market trade as long as there is still death and taxes. And again why should cannabis be any different.
But the important point to remember is the future of medicinal marijuana use. Laying quality foundations now for the use of cannabis in a controlled and structured way will pave a far safer and level road into the future.